Meets Second Tuesday of every month at 7:30 pm.
Next Meeting: Feb. 12, 2019.
Location: FTDNC Headquarters
Chairperson: Vanessa May (Vanessa.May@ftdnc.org).
Regularly scheduled meetings will be the second Tuesday of each month at 10AM.
The public is requested to fill out a “Speaker Card” to address the Board on any item of the agenda prior to the Board taking action on an item. Comments from the public on agenda items will be heard when the respective item is being considered. As a covered entity under Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of Los Angeles does not discriminate on the basis of disability and upon request, will provide reasonable accommodation to ensure equal access to its programs, services, and activities. Sign language interpreters, assistive listening devices or other auxiliary aids and/or services may be provided upon request. To ensure availability of services or to request translation, please make your request at least 3 business days (72 hours) prior to the meeting you wish to attend by contacting the Neighborhood Council Project Coordinator
For the betterment of the Foothill Trails District Neighborhood Council’s area districts, it is vitally important that the FTDNC have a Public Safety Committee. This committee shall address the many issues of community health, safety, and quality of life.
The purposes of the Public Safety Committee are to promote Public Safety by preparing the community to:
- Respond, and
- Recover from any natural disaster that may affect our community.
The Public Safety Committee shall coordinate and develop a comprehensive emergency preparedness community plan.
Moreover, another purpose of the Public Safety Committee is to take into consideration health and quality of life issues. These issues shall involve but shall not be limited to:
- The abatement of criminal and nuisance activities
- Decreasing the over concentration of alcoholic beverage selling outlets
- Community cleanliness and blight removal
- Beneficial community resources: commercial/business and community amenities (Local community access to a safe, full service, commercial/business district and shopping center. Local community access to safe parks and other recreational/education facilities.)
- Access to nutritious and affordable fresh food (fruit and vegetable Farmers Market and a quality full service Grocery Store)
The mission of the Public Safety Committee is to promote community health, safety, and quality of life via communication and training. These issues shall involve but shall not be limited to:
- Monthly outreach,
- Neighborhood Watch,
- Hands on training partnerships,
- Guest Speakers,
- Collaborations with other Neighborhood Councils,
- Government officials,
- Fire, and
- Law enforcement: Community Police Advisory Boards, Senior Lead Officer program, and other LAPD programs – http://www.lacp.org/Programs/_LAPD%20Programs.html.